Friday 6 March 2009

Front Cover



Content Page



Double Page Spread

What I decided to add at the bottom of the side bar is an album cover which I didn’t include in my double page spread mock-up. This was because I felt that the side bar was empty and if I added an album covers not only does it fills up the space but also it looks more realistic. The album cover picture was one of the front cover shot which I took but didn’t use it for my front cover.
Unedited copy


This is the picture which i used for the album cover. Originally this picture was one of my choices for the table to content but i think it works better as an album cover. However i didn’t want to use the whole of the picture so i decided to crop it on Photoshop.

Edited copy
This is the final result; the image is a close up shot which is what i wanted. I also added her name across the album cover in Monotype Corsiva. This was originally black but i changed it to white because it stands out of the cover.

1 comment:

Mr Lau said...

TOC

Make page numbers much smaller so they're subtle. Size 9 max.

Maybe try lining them up-especially the ones on the bottom half as the curve detracts readers attention.

If you have "Cover Stories" you probably don't need "features". Why don't you change "cover Stories" to Contents-make it bigger and put it at the top of the page.




DPS

Maybe fill white space on left side page with another pull quote.